ITS TIME TO GET MACABRE, PECULIARS!
Join host Dr. Brandy Schillace for a night of morbid history with Lindsey Fitzharris, author of The Butching Art! In true book-club style, you will meet the author and participate in the discussion–so come with questions! Join us, too, for the PopCult Quizzer with host Davey Berris, where science fact meets science fiction.
Livestream on July 8th, Thursday at 7 PM EDT. Donations requested for tickets to support books and authors that even a mad scientist would be proud of!
DISCUSSION QUESTIONS FROM THE BOOK:
- What did you find most shocking in this book of butchery?
- Why do you think it took so long for surgery to change?
- How might you feel about amputation if that were the only option? Could you do it?
- Did the science of germs shock you? See any parallels to today’s methods of medicine (or of science denial)?
- Would you say Lister is a hero? (you gotta love an introvert) Who were the villains?